31 May 2015

Better than expected!

I was able to borrow an NSR Ford MK IV for the classic races last Friday (Thanks Nick!!) so was able to make my slot car racing debut. Throughout the event I had great fun (not as adrenaline filled as real rallying but far easier to prepare for, to get to and much, much cheaper) and I wasn't quite as awful as I expected... Yes I came last and yes I was slowest but I managed to knock 2½ seconds off my lap times during the evening and won the sprint from the lights in 3 out of my 4 races!

Having watched as others drove it was clear I was accelerating out of the bends in the correct places but was braking like a granny, shedding way too much speed way too early! I still have a huge amount to learn but was happy to keep dropping my times and reduce mistakes as I went along.