20 June 2015

Onwards, ever onwards...


I raced my new (to me any way) NSR Aston Martin GT3 last night with ever improving results - yes I'm still somewhat off the pace but I'm edging ever closer! Each race sees less errors and better times; proving perfectly that there's no substitute for experience.

For that reason I'm grabbing every chance I can to get controller time so can be seen at Wolverhampton Slot Car Club (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wolverhampton-Slot-Car-Club/1618828841737256?fref=ts) on Thursdays too!

Along with learning the track I'm also learning my cars - the Aston is great fun to drive and reasonably competitive as it is. There are tweeks that need doing though; the tyres need to be replaced with softer versions, smaller front wheels are needed (here we go again...), it really needs some form of subtle sponsorship/colour scheme, etc, etc... Having said that my son managed to win his first race using the Aston which pleased us both!

Christian also managed to set a fastest lap in his first ever race using my Mosler (only a lat off prevented him from claiming first overall) so the preparation side of slot car racing EWR seems to be doing quite well already ;)

I'm expecting to add a few more steeds to my stable as the season progresses - all will be for racing though so there'll be no show ponies I'm afraid. Having said that I'm sure they'll all be pretty spectacular, like my new NSR Ford GT40...