18 January 2020

Hmmm....

So here I am sat having had a wonderful family meal and a lovely Kasteel beer thinking:-

"Do I want to be on a road rally tonight?" - shockingly it appears that I'd rather spend quality time with my family instead of meander down damp and treacherous lanes in the pitch black! 

Have I grown old? Undoubtedly, I have also come to appreciate that adrenaline is wonderful but it doesn't feel anywhere near as wonderful as the love of your family! It doesn't open Christmas present in excitement, it doesn't learn to ride a bike and it certainly doesn't ask you questions about common denominators!

Balancing the need for speed and the love of a family is difficult and we all have to choose our proportions - I've discovered mine is less about mud and gears and more about love and tears!